Every Saturday, NRR Adults gather for social rows at 7am. Tradition has it that the Captains organize the boats and insure that no one gets left behind. Typically after rowing, the cadre traipses off to breakfast at one of our local hangouts (New York Deli or Jimmy’s Deli) where the rowers swap stories and compare blisters.
If you are new to the area and you know how to row, come join us a couple times for a free row and see how you like Norwalk River Rowing. Print, sign and bring this NRR Waiver when you come down.
Previous Rowing experience required.
We all want our club to prosper and grow. Part of growth means welcoming, indeed attracting, others to our sport and the atmosphere of camaraderie they find here at NRR. Guests, and our hospitality and tradition of welcoming newcomers, are an important part of who we are. Some points regarding non-members/visitors to NRR:
- Saturday mornings are designated as Open House Rows Any current member or paying program participant may row.
- Guests can be invited to row in an Open House Row, as long as they are accompanied by a current member or program participant, or otherwise previously approved.
- A “reasonable” limit of free, open rows are allowed (2-3 rows) after which guests will be asked to join NRR. Consider the Six Pack below.
- Any visitor who rows from our dock must sign an NRR waiver.
- For “exceptions” to this policy, please approach your Masters committee or Executive Director.
Now offering: The Six Pack
You are not able to commit to a full season program, nor to you want to commit to a Paid Annual Basic Membership – but you would still like a row some during the season on the water. We have an easy to digest “6 pack”. You buy a “6-pack” and you are welcome to join us in the Experienced Masters program, or for Open Row on Saturday mornings 6 times. This gives you the ultimate flexibility while also contributing to our non-profit community rowing center. You can use the 6 pack anytime during the current rowing year (Mar – Nov). This does not, however, give you access to row our boats during non-program or open row times. Previous rowing experience required. No refunds on unused sessions. See below to purchase a 6 pack.