The Summer Learning classes are non-competitive rowing programs for Middle School and early High School athletes (rising 9th graders) for ALL LEVELS – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! The emphasis is on learning rowing technique, boat handling, physical conditioning, teamwork, and fun!
The Development Experienced programs are for those who have completed a Learn-to-Row class or equivalent.
Entering Grade 6 and above in the Fall. Middle School and High School rowers will be taught separately to adjust the program to their differing sizes and strengths.
Age: Rising 6th grade and above, born 2005 or earlier
For new rowers in Middle School and early High School, enroll in our two week Learn to Row programs, an introduction to rowing and our club. Middle school athletes will enjoy sessions which incorporate on-land and water rowing with instruction with warm up exercises and camp activities. High School athletes will be introduced to rowing in a fun, physically challenging environment that teaches basic rowing technique with athlete body weight exercises and basic training principles.
Development Team Experienced:
Experienced Middle School athletes will continue to gain skill. Athletes will be grouped based on experience and progress.
- Learn-To-Row: We are offering 2 week sessions with classes 4 days per week. After you have completed the Learn-to-Row class you are ready to move up to the Development Experienced Team.
- Session 1: 6/12-6/22 M-Th 3:30p-5:30p (afternoon classes while some schools still in session)
- Session 2: 6/26-7/7 M, W, Th, F 10:30a-12:30p (due to July 4th holiday this session’s days vary from the other sessions)
- Session 3: 7/10-7/21 M-Th 10:30a-12:30p
- Session 4: 7/24-8/4 M-Th 10:30a-12:30p
- Session 5: 8/14-8/25 M-Th 10:30a-12:30p
- Dev Team Experienced: We are offering 4 week sessions this summer. Previous Learn-to-Row class or equivalent experience required.
- Tune-up: 6/5-6/23 M, T, Th 3:45p-5:15p – continue rowing afternoons on Spring schedule as we wind down the school year.
- Session 1: 6/26-7/21 M-F 10:30a-12:30p (no class on July 4th)
- Session 2: 7/24-8/18 M-F 10:30a-12:30p
Online registration is only available for those who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal. If you wish to pay by check, please contact the office [call: 203-866-0080 ext 4, or email: nrraacctg (at) norwalkriverrowing (dot ) org]. They will be happy to accommodate you.
Note – athletes are not eligible to participate in rowing or other training activities until registration has been completed, payment (or payment plan) made and medical paperwork completed.