Our racing program is designed for rowers with the potential to compete at national and international regattas, including both sweep rowing and sculling.
The programs are structured not only for experienced rowers who wish to achieve peak performance and to race successfully at the highest level, but also for rowers who are focused on technique and fitness.
The ideal participants:
1. High School Students (entering 9th grade and above, entering 8th grade by coach recommendation)
2. High School Graduates starting college in the fall
3. College Students who row at school, live in our area and want to keep up their skills and fitness over the summer
Offered for 2 weeks on T, W, Th from 4p-6p. 5/31-6/9
For athletes wishing to continue to develop their technical skills while also maintain a cardio base and use rowing on this beautiful early summer days to destress during finals.
Summer Tune-up 2!
Offered for 1 week on Tues-Fri from 4p-6p. 6/14-6/17
Building on Tune up, Tune Up 2 will continue the rebuilding of low cardio and technique work with athletes in smaller boats to allow bodies to recover, return to technical basics and start to build back for our summer programs.
This program is designed for rowers with the potential to compete at national and international regattas; including both sweep rowing and sculling. It is structured not only for experienced rowers who wish to achieve peak performance and to race successfully at the highest level, but also for rowers who are focused on technique and fitness. Rowing in many sizes of boats including the more challenging single and pairs.
Note about regattas:
- Target regattas are listed for certain sessions. If you wish to race in the regatta listed, you must be registered for the Session under which it is listed.
- Canadian Henley is not included as a target race in these programs. If you wish to race at Canadian Henley you must sign up for the separate Canadian Henley Prep program below.
Session 1: 6/20-7/8/16
– Independence Day Regatta, July 1-3, 2016, Philadelphia, PA
Session 2: 7/11-7/29/16
– Club Nationals, July 13-17, 2016, Bethel, Ohio
– Philly Youth Regatta, July 23, 2016, Philadelphia, PA
Session 3: 8/1-8/19/16
Practices for each of the sessions is offered two times per day: M-F 7:30 am – 9:30 am and 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Sign up for AM only, PM only or Both.
Canadian Henley Prep:
Two week program which provides elite level training for athletes with the goal of showcasing their talent at the 134th Royal Canadian Henley the first week of August. Strong rowing skills required. You must be registered for this program if you wish to race at Canadian Henley.
Practices: two times per day – M-F 9a-11:30a and 4p-7p; Sa 8a-11a and 3:30p-6:00p
Prices below reflect program fees only. Regatta entry fees are arranged by NRRA and billed to individual families and should be paid in advance of the regatta. Athlete travel costs and travel arrangements are handled by individual families and are not included in the program pricing. We encourage families to coordinate with each other.
For those of you new to Summer Racing, some of the experienced parents have written a helpful “Frequently Asked Questions” document. Click here to download the Summer Racing FAQ.
Online registration is only available for those who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal. If you wish to pay by check, please contact the office [call: 203-866-0080 ext 4, or email: nrraacctg (at) norwalkriverrowing (dot ) org]. They will be happy to accommodate you.
Note – athletes are not eligible to participate in rowing or other training activities until registration has been completed, payment (or payment plan) made and medical paperwork completed.