We had a total of 22 athletes who attended US Rowing Club Nationals with participation in 22 entries.
In some events, we had multiple boats entered. The competitive field was very large this year from all over the country. Some events had as many as 60 entries – but only 18 could participate in Semi-finals. So Time trials were used to determine the top 18 of any event.
We had at least one Norwalk boat progress from of time trials into Semi-finals in just about each event in which we competed.
Top performers winning a spot in the finals:
– Men’s Junior B 4+ – Kris Petreski, Greg Bauerfeld, Brian Helms, Liam McDonough – winning Silver
– Men’s Junior B 2x (double) – Liam McDonough and Kris Petreski – grabbing Bronze
– Men’s Junior 2- (pair) – Chad Ballard, Joe Blake – placed 6th in the final
– Men’s Intermediate 2- (pair) (this event is for College aged participants) – Matt Koenigsberg, Jon Massari – placed 5th in the final
– Women’s Intermediate 4+ (this event is for College aged participants) – Alex Stonehill, Caroline Demko, Catherine Nohre, Maggie Walsh and Stacy Neul – placed 6th in the final