Norwalk River Rowing Youth Racing Team is participating in the following summer regattas:
July 3, 3 days, Independence Day Regatta, Sprint, Philadelphia
July 25, 1 day, Philadelphia Youth Regatta, Sprint, Philadelphia
August 4, 6 days, Royal Canadian Henley Regatta, Sprint, St. Catherine, ON
Note: The deadline to sign up for the Independence Day Regatta is June 26th.
We encourage and welcome your athletes to sign up for the regattas they want to participate in. A white board for signups is in the tent (on the slab).
To be prepared for each regatta, the athlete must be currently registered in the session during which the regatta occurs, as well as the immediately previous session.
Below is information you need for the regattas.
- Travel arrangements are made by the individual participant families
- The Parent Organization is not involved with the summer regattas
- This means there is no parent tent unless someone brings one (shade is always a good thing)
- Two parents, including one who is experienced with regattas, can volunteer to be “captains” and facilitate the logistics in advance, including communication for the regatta, ride sharing, hotels people are using, community athlete dinners for overnight stays, bringing one of the parent tents in a large SUV or truck for each regatta – let Robin know if you are willing to serve.
- Reservations for the Royal Canadian Henley book up quickly, so you may want to make reservations now. Robin is trying to hold a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Suites & Conference Center in St. Catherine’s Ontario. They are currently sold out. If successful, Robin will let you know.
Look for another post with more details on the regattas, coming soon!