Norwalk River Rowing and Wilton Crew offers Winter Rowing Programs for youth rowers at all levels who want to keep up fitness and increase strength.
The Winter season is broken into two sessions. Early Winter 2021 (post Fall season to the December holidays) and Winter 2022 (Early January through beginning of Spring season). Don’t forget to sign up for both to maximize fitness.
- Racing Team – for the high school and collegiate rower who want to keep up fitness and skills. Build strength and endurance so you can hit the water in the spring ready for competition!
– 5x per week, M-F 4:30-6:30p
- High School Rec Team – for the high school athlete who wants to keep up fitness and skills but with a lower commitment.
– 3x per week, M,W,F 4:30-6:30p
New high school rowers who are interested in rowing on the water in the Spring are welcome to join the Racing program. We will teach you!
- Development – for the new or experienced rower in Middle School who wants to maintain fitness and gain skills over the winter months in a non-competitive atmosphere. New rowers are welcome!
– M/W/Th 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Winter 2021-22 (dates):
Racing/Rec Team (Varsity, JV, Novice, Rec) – Norwalk River Rowing and Wilton Crew
- Early Winter: Nov 29 – Dec 22, 2021 (starts after Thanksgiving).
- Winter 2020: Jan 3 – Feb 18, 2022.
- Early Winter: Nov 1 – Dec 22, 2021
- Winter 2022: Jan 3 – Mar 31, 2022.
Other important information:
Our Winter training facilities are leased to us, meaning we must be respectful at all times and pick up after ourselves.
These facilities are not responsible for any training that goes on. If any concerns or questions, they should be directed to the NRRA coach for that team, and NOT anyone working or running the facility.
Note – athletes are not eligible to participate in rowing or other training activities until registration has been completed, payment (or payment plan) made and medical paperwork completed.
Online registration is only available for those who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal. If you wish to pay by check, please contact the office [call: 203-866-0080 ext 4, or email: nrraacctg (at) norwalkriverrowing (dot ) org]. They will be happy to accommodate you.