Norwalk River Rowing offers Winter Rowing Programs for youth rowers at all levels who want to keep up fitness and increase strength.
The Winter season is broken into two sessions. Early Winter 2019 (mid-November up to the December holidays) and Winter 2020 (Early January through early March). Don’t forget to sign up for both to maximize fitness.
- Racing Team – for the high school and collegiate rower who want to keep up fitness and skills. Build strength and endurance so you can hit the water in the spring ready for competition!See below for specific date and time information. It varies based on program.
– 5x per week, M-F 3:45-6p
– 3x per week, 3:45-6p
New high school rowers who are interested in racing in the Spring are welcome to join the Novice program.
Locations – will vary on days – schedule TBD:
LA Fitness (761 Main Ave, Norwalk);
Norwalk Senior Center (11 Allen Road, Norwalk)
- Development – for the new or experienced rower in Middle School who wants to maintain fitness and gain skills over the winter months in a non-competitive atmosphere. New rowers are welcome!
M/W/Th 4- 5:30 pm at the Norwalk Senior Center (11 Allen Road, Norwalk)
- Choose 2x per week or 3x per week.
Racing Team (Varsity, JV, Novice)
- Early Winter: Nov 18 – Dec 20, 2019 (no classes during Thanksgiving week).
- Winter 2020: Jan 6 – Mar 28, 2020.
- Early Winter: Nov 11 – Dec 19, 2019 (no classes during Thanksgiving week).
- Winter 2020: Jan 6 – Mar 27, 2020.
Other important information:
Our Winter training facilities are leased to us, meaning we must be respectful at all times and pick up after ourselves.
These facilities are not responsible for any training that goes on. If any concerns or questions, they should be directed to the NRRA coach for that team, and NOT anyone working or running the facility.
Note – athletes are not eligible to participate in rowing or other training activities until registration has been completed, payment (or payment plan) made and medical paperwork completed.
Online registration is only available for those who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal. If you wish to pay by check, please contact the office [call: 203-866-0080 ext 4, or email: nrraacctg (at) norwalkriverrowing (dot ) org]. They will be happy to accommodate you.