Norwalk River Rowing offers Winter Rowing Programs for youth rowers at all levels who want to keep up fitness and increase strength.
The Winter season is broken into two sessions. Early Winter (mid-November up to the December holidays) and Winter 2019 (Early January through early March). Don’t forget to sign up for both to maximize fitness. If you choose the Winter Bundle, you will save over choosing each portion separately.
- Racing Team – for the high school and collegiate rower who want to keep up fitness and skills. Build strength and endurance so you can hit the water in the spring ready for competition!See below for specific date and time information. It varies based on program.
– 5x per week, M-F 3:45-6p, plus Saturdays 8:15-10a
– 3x per week, 3:45-6p, plus Saturdays 8:15-10a (Boys: M/W/F; Girls: T/Th/F)
New high school rowers who are interested in racing in the Spring are welcome to join the Novice program.Saturdays are included for everyone!
Locations – it varies depending on program:
Boys: M, W and F @ LA Fitness (761 Main Ave, Norwalk); Tu, Th @ Norwalk Senior Center (11 Allen Road, Norwalk)
Girls: Tu and Th @ LA Fitness (761 Main Ave, Norwalk); M, W and F @ Norwalk Senior Center (11 Allen Road, Norwalk)
Everyone welcome to come row at 8:15 Saturday mornings at the Norwalk Senior Center
- Development – for the new or experienced rower in Middle School who wants to maintain fitness and gain skills over the winter months in a non-competitive atmosphere. New rowers are welcome!
2x per week, M/W 4:15-5:30p at the Norwalk Senior Center (11 Allen Road, Norwalk)
Racing Team (Varsity, JV, Novice)
- Early Winter: Nov 26 – Dec 21, 2018.
- Winter 2019: Jan 2 – Mar 1, 2019.
Big Savings when you choose the Winter Bundle Nov 26 2018 – March 1, 2019.
- Early Winter: Nov 26 – Dec 19, 2018.
- Winter 2018: Jan 3 – Mar 20, 2019.
Big Savings when you choose the Winter Bundle Nov 26 2018 – March 20, 2019.
Other important information:
Our Winter training facilities are leased to us, meaning we must be respectful at all times and pick up after ourselves.
These facilities are not responsible for any training that goes on. If any concerns or questions, they should be directed to the NRRA coach for that team, and NOT anyone working or running the facility.
Note – athletes are not eligible to participate in rowing or other training activities until registration has been completed, payment (or payment plan) made and medical paperwork completed.
Online registration is only available for those who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal. If you wish to pay by check, please contact the office [call: 203-866-0080 ext 4, or email: nrraacctg (at) norwalkriverrowing (dot ) org]. They will be happy to accommodate you.